Contact Permissions & Notification for Compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
This statement explains how NASS handles and uses the personal information we collect about our members for processes relating to our operations and activities. If and when changes are made to this statement, we will prepare an updated version and send it to all members.
The controller for your personal information is National Association of Small Schools. The person responsible for data protection within our society is the Data Protection Officer.
How we use your personal information
NASS is a charity, which supports Small Schools and as such collects and processes your professional and personal information for the following purposes:
- Maintaining your personal details (e.g. name and address, email address, telephone number if provided, and the year that you joined), together with any the professional organisation you represent. Keeping financial records (e.g. payment of your membership fees).
- Transmission by letter, SMS or email or other electronic means to inform you of forthcoming meetings, events or campaigns as relevant according to the NASS Charter. We may also inform you of draft or proposed legislation, research or other data directly affecting Small Schools. This information may also be available on the website: www.smallschools.org
- NASS is an organisation representing Small Schools whose objectives are to inform, advocate and campaign and thus may share members’ publicly available professional details with other agencies in accordance with the objectives of the NASS charter.
Our normal legal basis for processing your personal information is your consent, which you gave on joining the organisation and each time you renew your membership. You can withdraw your consent at any time, including by non-renewal of your membership.
We may keep your personal information for at least two years after your membership ceases for statistical and historical research purposes.
- Personal information is not shared outside of NASS and its members.
- Within NASS your personal information is shared only with duly elected officers of the Organisation in pursuance of their roles in finance, membership, data protection or similar administrative tasks.
- If it is considered appropriate members may be put in touch with each other only on receipt of implicit consent from both parties.
How we keep your personal information
We take all reasonable precautions to keep your personal information secure. It is maintained in electronic form primarily by the membership secretary and the webmaster /administrator with backups Your rights
You have the right to access the personal information that we hold about you. You also have the right to ask us to correct any inaccurate personal information we hold about you, to delete personal information, or otherwise restrict our processing, or to object to processing or communications, or to receive an electronic copy of the personal information you provided to us.
If you have any questions or concerns about how your personal information is used, please contact us via the membership secretary.
If you remain unhappy with the way your information is being handled, or with the response received from us, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF, or via their website: www.ico.org.uk.
19th May 2018
This document is also available as a PDF - nass-gdpr-document.pdf146.85 KB